Carbon Monoxide an invisible poison

 In Furnace

Carbon Monoxide is a colorless gas that has no smell or taste. Also known as CO can cause illness and can lead to death. Many appliances including furnace, gas refrigerator, wood stove, water heater, boiler can release CO into your home if they malfunction. Exposure to the gas can cause carbon monoxide poisoning (CO poisoning). The toxic gas that enters the body through the lungs during the normal breathing process. It replaces oxygen in the blood and prevents the flow of oxygen to the heart, brain and other vital organs. Signs of carbon monoxide poisoning include headaches, nausea, disorientation, burning eyes, and flu-like symptoms. Carbon monoxide (CO) can only be detected with an alarm (detector). By Ontario law, carbon monoxide detector must be installed near sleeping areas in residential homes. To help to prevent any carbon monoxide incident make sure appliances are well maintained and inspected by a professional at least once a year. Don’t forget to test your carbon monoxide alarm regularly to make sure it is operating properly.












Recent Posts
Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.